Medicare Gap Insurance

Medicare Gap Insurance – Frisco, McKinney, Prosper, Celina, Allen, Plano

The team at Sweetness Insurance serves Frisco, McKinney, Prosper, Plano, Celina, and Allen Texas area. We are here to meet your needs. Our Medigap insurance policies provide help to cover your medical expenses that your Medicare does not cover.

What is Medigap Insurance?

Medicare, health insurance provided through the U.S. government, is available for U.S. citizens when they turn 65 years old. Medicare Insurance covers 80% of your hospital and doctor needs. That leaves a 20% gap for the individual to cover.

Medigap insurance is a supplemental insurance policy issued by private insurance companies that is intended to cover the 20% gap. Your Medigap insurance policy will help to cover deductibles, co-payments, and co-insurance not paid by Medicare. Medigap policies will not cover vision, dental, hearing aids, eyeglasses, long term care or private nurses care.

What Options Are Available?

Only users of original Medicare Part A & Part B qualify for a Medigap policy. It is illegal to sell a Medigap policy to a user of the Medicare Advantage plan. If you are a Medicare Advantage Plan member and wish to get a Medigap policy you must cancel the Medicare Advantage plan and go back to original Medicare Part A & Part B. Changes can only be made at certain times of the year, so be careful to make changes within the allotted time period.

If you travel outside the United States you may want to add insurance to cover hospitalization outside of the United States.

Why Should I Buy It?

Bankruptcy filed by people over 65 years old increased 204% between 1991 and 2016. Most of the time, the bankruptcy was caused by a hospitalization. Living on reduced incomes, many elderly people do not have the ability to cover their out of pocket expenses associated with a hospitalization. A Medigap insurance policy insures additional coverage for that ‘gap.’ In the event hospitalization is needed, you’ll have peace of mind knowing most of the expenses are covered.

What Else Do I Need to Know?

For the best Medigap insurance rates enroll within your first Medigap open enrollment period. You can get a Medigap policy later, however you will most likely pay a higher rate.

Medigap insurance is provided through a private insurance company and is paid for by you, the policy holder. The policy only covers the policyholder, not a spouse. If you have a spouse they will need to have their own Medigap policy.

You can not be refused Medigap insurance if you have Medicare Part A & Part B. Medigap insurance is guaranteed for renewal. Once you have signed up for it you’ll always have it as long as you pay the premium.

The Medigap policy premium is in addition to the premium paid for Medicare insurance.

Call Sweetness Insurance Today

The team at Sweetness Insurance wants to provide you with peace of mind and insurance that meets your needs. Contact us today to schedule a Free Consultation in Frisco, Mckinney, Plano, Prosper, Celina, and Allen, Texas area. We are here to serve you.

Call Us Today @

(972) 890-3734